Monday, December 13, 2010

What do you do with your Christmas cards?

I know for some people Christmas cards are a chore, and now in the digital age, many have found it easier to send e-card, rather than spending the time and money to print, stamp, and address cards. I know it is cheaper and easier to go digital, but I LOVE getting Christmas cards. The real ones, in the mailbox are THE BEST! So think twice about sending me a digital one, and please send a real one, let's not completely lose that personal touch. This year I really wanted to do a fun craft to display my Christmas cards, but I just couldn't find the time. I am not a fan of being a working Mom, it means those 25+ hours I spend at work, I don't get to spend playing with my baby and doing fun crafts that I would like. I decided to just survey what supplies I had, so I didn't have to make a trip to the store and go from there. I ended up using my leftover scrapbook paper from my paper chain, and beautifying some normal clothes pins I had. I have seen this project many places, I have also seen people paint their clothes pins, which is also super cute.
After my beautifying efforts, I just ran some baker's twine over existing nails in the wall. We live in a small place, which means my options are limited, so over the window it went.
I love being able to pin up new cards as they come, and I think it worked, for a simple solution. How do you display your cards? Have you seen any cute craft ideas for displaying cards? Have you sent out your cards yet? I got mine done last week, it took me FOREVER to decide which card from Shutterfly to get, but since I had a million pictures, I decided on this one. I love it. I wish I could figure out how to show you my actual card, but since I can't right click and save, you get to see the generic one. I love this season of remembering Christ's birth, sharing, and getting together with family. Keep the cards coming my way! :)

4 comments:

  1. I usually clutter up my fridge with cards, but this year I'm putting them on the back of my front door.

    I wish more people sent real cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Toni!

    Also, I have not received a card from you girls yet...hint..hint! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails