Wednesday, December 8, 2010

One Dollar Wednesday...Sock it to me!

For One Dollar Wednesday I had so many ideas running through my head, but when I found this pair of socks, at Target Dollar Spot, I knew exactly what I wanted to do.


First I cut one of those socks into sections.


Then I cut one end to make a longer strip.


I set my sewing machine to a "basting" stitch, and sewed down one side.


After I stitched, I pulled one thread to "gather" the fabric strip.


I knotted the four ends of thread together, and repeated the above steps two more times.


I closed my "circles" with a little dot of hot glue.


Then I cut "petals" in each of my circles.


I used the cuff of the sock to cover my alligator clip.


I layered all my circles together, added a green vintage button, and it was good to go.

2 comments:

  1. You are so crafty ! love this ! What a cute blog !
    Come say hi and follow me back ! Coming from the blog hop !
    Hugs
    Frenchy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails