Monday, October 4, 2010

Tidy Tips: How to Keep Your Microwave Clean.

If you have ever seen the episode of The Office where Pam leaves the note on the microwave, it is bound to make you chuckle. We have all seen a microwave like that and we all HATE to clean the stuck on food if it happens to be our microwave. This tidy tip is the best $.99 I have ever spent. I bought the PRICKIG microwave lid from IKEA to help with the task of keeping my microwave clean. I kept it in a cupboard above the microwave, but I would still forget, and my husband would often forget to pull it out and use it to cover our food. The key is to store the microwave lid INSIDE your microwave when not in use. That way in order for anyone in your family to put food into the microwave, they first have to lift up the lid to place it inside. The chances of them not using the lid at that point are minimal. I have a sparkling clean microwave 95% of the time at my house, so nice! The other great part about this lid is it is dishwasher safe, so it is easy to clean.

1 comment:

  1. But in order to KEEP my microwave clean I have to clean it in the first place.

    GAG.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails