Wednesday, October 13, 2010

One Dollar Wednesday~ Halloween Pedestal

Okay my title, a little lame since "One" doesn't start with a "W". It does have a ring to it though, so I'm sticking with it...for awhile at least. I'd like to start featuring my Dollar Store crafts on Wednesdays. Hence my title.

My "One Dollar Wednesday" craft today is my Halloween Pedestal. You might remember this pedestal....



Did you know that I made it from these Dollar Tree items....


I'll show you how.

I popped open my package of "Dollar Tree" burner covers and sent them straight away to my Spray Paint Place.

After 2 coats of primer, and 3 coats of Halloweeny orange, and some sanding away of drippy places, I was HAPPY!

While the "plate" part of my pedestal dried, I gave my candle sticks a couple coats of primer and paint. Then I added purple polka-dots to them...


I added a "paper pennant" border all the way around.


A BIG glob of hot glue to hold all the pieces together.


They can be used stacked...


and seperate...

13 comments:

  1. This is just sooo creative!! Way to go, girly!!! I love it! I'm so excited to be your newest follower of your delightful blog and would love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! Be sure to link your fun creations up at my weekly party - Fabulous Friday Finds! Hope to see you there! Hugs,
    ~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant!!!! And the burner cover is just the right size! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute idea! I shared it at the Dollar Store Crafts facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dollar-Store-Crafts/161233564682

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is GREAT! I am going to the $ Tree TODAY to get the supplies to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a Great Idea. Gonna try this for all the holidays! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So stinkin' cute and easy! I will try this for christmas gifts too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a GREAT idea! I love how inexpensive it is to make. I think a trip to the Dollar store is in my future...to make a Christmas version of this!
    Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to check out more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very creative love the idea!

    Submit them in my Handmade Halloween Contest - starts now!

    Susan,
    http://entertainexchange.blogspot.com/
    Party and Entertaining Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun! What a great way to display your holiday stuff! Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesday's!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one of the favorite things I have seen this halloween! So cute and yet accessible to everyone! Love it! Joni

    ReplyDelete
  11. Neato! I never thought to use burner covers! Great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails