Friday, February 4, 2011

Valentine BOOK PAGE Wreath

I have been LOVING all the pretty Valentine wreaths I have seen in Blogland. I decided I'd make one with things from the Dollar Store, of course, and stuff that I had around my home.

This cute hanging heart was my inspiration...



I have three of these picture backers, that I've been hanging onto, but I could have used a box from the recycle bin for the same effect.



I measured and cut, so I had a cardboard "frame".



I got this little thesaurus from the dollar store, my sister would flip if I used a "real" book. :)



I covered my frame with book pages, and then cut out GOBS & GOBS of little squares.



Then I rounded them a bit.



I think everyone, that attended elementary school, made a green crepe paper Christmas wreath in this same fashion.





Three hours later, I was finished. THREE HOURS! Granted, I was dealing with four children in the interim, but this truly is a tedious craft.



I cut my hanging heart in half, and glued it to some pretty scrap-book paper. (I used my low heat glue gun)




Added a pretty ribbon, and I was finished!



6 comments:

  1. Very cute idea! love it! I am daring to be different today, usually i dont leave alot of comments on other blogs, no reason, just lazy to be honest. But having a good day, and promised my self that while visiting other blogs, looking at all the pretties, i would take a moment and comment...i love comments, hope you do too!!!
    Divababies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so lovely! How fun that you used a thesauras for the paper. Super cool:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog, and you are completely adorable! Love this idea!!!! I can't wait to be inspired by you!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one adorable wreath. Thanks for sharing.
    CAS

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails