Friday, February 25, 2011

Family photo collage

I have wanted a family collage picture for quite some time, but didn't LOVE the standard store-bought ones. I dug out this big old EMPTY picture frame and knew it would be perfect for this project.



Outside for a quick coat of spray paint...



While my picture frame dried, I cut my various scrapbook paper "scraps" into 2 inch squares.



I ordered gobs of black and white photos, and got to work cutting those into 2 in. squares also, with the exception of the center photo, it's bigger~ a picture of me and my sweetie~ and measures 4in X 4in.



I did a little dry brushing around the edges of each photo, and then arranged them in my frame.





I added a poignant vinyl quote on the wall, and hung my collage in the middle. Quick and easy, and dear to me!

4 comments:

  1. This is so cute! It remind me a lot of a quilt which I love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. It's such a perfect way to use a lot of photos in a smaller space. You're a genius! I'm so going to borrow your idea. Thanks so much for sharing.
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! What a great way to showcase your family and each individual. Thanks for linking up to Scrappy Saturdays last week. Forgot to tell you, I featured you here: http://www.scrappy-gifts.com/2011/03/friday-favorites-49-on-monday-d.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails