Friday, February 11, 2011

Hershey Kiss roses tutorial

I've been wondering for weeks what to get my man for Valentine's Day. I am always at a loss, and then I remember how much he likes food. This year I'm giving him a chocolate rose bouquet, among other things. I thought I would share how I made the Hershey Kiss roses.

Supplies I used:

Red Cellophane
Hershey's Kisses w/ almonds
bamboo skewers
scotch tape
floral tape
greenery
scrapbook paper and ribbon for embellishment
Sugar shaker



Start with some bamboo skewers. I painted mine a spring green color. I would have gone darker, but wanted to use stuff I already had.



While your skewers are drying, you'll glue your kisses "bottom to bottom" with a dot of hot glue.



Put a skewer in the end of one kiss and tape it closed around skewer.



Cut your cellophane into squarish pieces (mine were roughly 4in X 4in. VERY roughly)



Fold your cellophane over your Hershey kissed skewer, and twist it closed.





Secure with tape. At this point I wrapped floral tape around the scotch tape for a more finished look, but alas, I forgot to snap a picture of it.



Add greenery by securing it to the skewer with floral tape, or if you're lucky like me, you can just push the skewer through a hole.



I lined my sugar shaker with festive red paper, and filled it with red pistachios...



Add a tag... I'm NUTS about you!

3 comments:

  1. When you are finished with the first one, there are four to go.......pjuiiii!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so adorable! I love the idea and the easiness of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow nice idea! New follower from the blog hop, follow me back at http://sew-chic-designs.blogspot.com/ :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails