Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Easter Tree

Are you proud of me, I actually got a project done! It is the one that I "wanted" to do vs. the one I "need" to do, but hey it's done! Last year I scoured high and low for an Easter tree I liked. I could not find one. Honestly, it was slim pickin out there, I couldn't even find one that I liked, but was out of my price range, which is usually what happens. I have been casually on the look out again this year, but nothing struck my fancy, so I decided to make my own.

A few weeks ago, after a wind storm, I found this branch outside, perfect for my tree.
I broke the branches apart and arranged them how I wanted. Then I secured them with some florist tape I had leftover from Hershey Kiss Roses.
My Mother-in-law gave me a block of florist foam, which I glued to the inside of my pot. While the glue was drying, I took the tree outside and spray painted it white.
A little Easter grass and a few river rocks and my tree was complete!
I added my ornaments and placed it in it's home, I really LOVE how it turned out. These pictures don't do it justice, but that is just my poor photography skills. This lovely tree cost me a whopping $2.50, all I purchased was the pot, everything else I had on hand. It is WAY better than anything out there I could find and at a better price.
Love it!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing how to make a Easter tree! I lost mine and have been wanting to make one. Now I know what to do! I hope it's okay, I just couldn't help but feature your cute Easter tree in a Easter craft round-up I just finished. You can see it here:

    http://jamiebrock.hubpages.com/hub/Easter-Crafts-Round-Up-20-Super-Cute-Easter-Crafts

    Thank you so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails