Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday Freebie... bedside table update

It's so great that I'm posting about free furniture finds. If you'd have told me 10 years ago that I would be uploading pictures of my "redos" on the computer, and allowing people to see the progress, I would have never believed it! This redo features a little bedside table that I picked up for my first-born. It was a roadside rescue, and was heavy as could be! I pulled my little 2 door car over, and hefted it into my tiny trunk. It just needed a quick coat of cream spray paint, and it was good to go!

That was 10+ years ago. This little table's been through 3 more kiddos, and it's age was starting to show!



I wasn't able to get to the store, and had to use paint that I had on hand...
PINK I think! I only had a half a can left, but knew I could line the inside of the table with wrapping paper. I focused on getting the outside painted really thoroughly.



While my paint was drying, I measured and cut this paper to line the inside.



Here's the finished table...I love the vintage look of it!



A close up... added a couple little friends, and our "G" block.



The original knob...



It really adds a little "pop" to baby's room.

2 comments:

  1. Cute table & great rescue story. We have a very similar one that DH picked up at a garage sale for a buck or two. It has had several coats of paint & is still serving us well.
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  2. great transformation!! gotta love free stuff
    thanks for linking up
    www.sistersofthewildwest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails