Wednesday, January 26, 2011

One Dollar Wednesday... Valentine Pennant Banner

I LOVE Valentine's Day, but what girl doesn't? I've been itching to get some Valentine Dollar Store crafts done! I came up with a fun Valentine's pennant banner that I put together thanks to Dollar Tree.

I found this cute Valentine gift bag, and knew immediately what I would use it for.



I cut it to pieces using my trusty paper cutter.





I used one of the letters and a bowl to make a pattern.






I always have extra fabric on hand, and knew this red/white gingham would work perfectly. I traced and cut out 8 gingham pennants, and 4 white pennants.






I used one pennant on the bottom, one on the top, and sandwiched my white one in between. Pinned them together, and sewed all the way around the outside~ about 1/4 inch seam allowance.



Then I cut little slits all the way around each pennant. I wanted them to look a little raggedy, so I spritzed them with water and tossed them in the dryer.



Next I sewed each letter to a "pennant sandwich" with a zig-zag stitch.



I finished it off by sewing all the letters to a classic white bias tape.




I just LOVE how it turned out!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails