Wednesday, September 15, 2010

It's scrunchie time again

I know that 80's and early 90's fashion is back in a big way. I just don't think that I can "pull off" the scrunchie trend. So I'm going to find another use for these...



I picked my favorite color of the bunch, and got my matching thread.



I used a gather stitch all the way around the scrunchie.



I knotted it off and ended up with this...



I searched through my mom's vintage button collection and added a fun yellow one.





I cut my green scrunchie in half, and folded each piece over and sewed up the end.





I attached my "leaves" to the back of my flower with a little hot glue.



This is what I ended up with...



Added a pin to the back and used it to dress up my daughter's denim jacket.



Can you "pull off" the scrunchie look?

8 comments:

  1. How cute is that! You're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever! And what a great use for all those scunchies just laying around! I'll definitely be making some of these flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so adorable! It makes me wish I had a little girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! Love the colors. Thanks for sharing ... I've posted a link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable idea!!! Thanks for the tutorial! Thanks SO much for joining in on Thrilling Thursdays @ Paisley Passions. I love to see the creative talent of other fellow bloggers. Hope you will stop by again soon :)
    ~Lori S.
    Thrilling Thursdays @Paisley Passions

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! They would make cute hair clips too! Thanks for linking up at Trendy Treehouse

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails