Wednesday, January 25, 2012

One Dollar Wednesday...a weathered Valentine

I was so excited when I found these heart "cut-outs" at my local Dollar Store. They have all the colors of my home in them, so I knew I would want to incorporate them into my Valentine decor.



I went to my hubby's scrap wood pile, and pulled a piece of lovely weathered plywood.
I measured around my hearts, and marked where I wanted to cut.



Then I pulled out the POWER TOOL! This was a little intimidating for me, but it cut like a charm.



I sent the pieces out to Spray Paint Place for a quick coat. I didn't prime them, because I really wanted to keep a weathered look.


Time for some Mod Podge magic....


Before I top-coated this one with Mod Podge, I decided to stamp the word "love" onto it.


I topped it off with Mod Podge, and a couple hours later, I was able to add these pieces to the hutch in my entry.



Here are a couple close-ups. I just love how the turned out!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails